Back for Business Pilot Outcomes
The Back for Business pilot ran from November 2017 to May 2018. Thirty-eight early stage entrepreneurs completed the pilot programme. At the end of the cycle, all participants reported that participation in Back for Business was of value to their business.
- Twelve businesses began to trade for the first time during the pilot.
- The combined turnover of participants trading increased by almost 80% over the six-month cycle.
- 11 participants made export sales during the six months of the pilot, including 6 for the first time.
- Participants increased their total number of employees by 140%.
- The pilot participants expected to achieve significant further growth in sales, employment and in the number of exporters by the end of 2018.